Thursday, March 22, 2007

Alaska Day 5

Sunday, March 18, 2007, Day five in Alaska.

Today we drove about 2 hours south to the town of Seward. From here we boarded a boat for a Glacier and Wildlife cruise. Unfortunately we did not get too close to any glaciers but we did get to see some great wildlife. We saw otters, porpoises, sea lions, and best of all Orca's (Killer Whales). We got really lucky to see as many as we saw. There were probably a dozen or so Orca's swimming together and they came right up to our boat. I was trying to take video but unfortunately the camcorder quit working so I was only able to get still shots which made it a lot more difficult to capture to whales coming up for a breath but here are some shots that I got.

A very nice day on the water.

Enjoying the view.

Killer Whales in the distance.



My favorite picture (I just wish I had gotten the whole whale)

1 comment:

Ken & Crystal Pierson said...

Wow! That is TOO COOL that you all were able to see killer whales! What an experience to remember! It looks like you all had a fun time in AK!