

After Mississippi I went to Louisville Kentucky, Home of the Derby!. I really like this program. Louisville is a great city with lots of things to do. The Hospital is also fairly new so everything is nice and up to date. I think that this hospital is my first choice of places to go! I have a couple of friends in Lexington KY which is about 90 minutes away so I would be able to meet up with them from time to time. Here are a few Pict's of U of L.


And a Pict from the Internet of the Kentucky Derby! (I will have to go if I move here even though I don't know anything about horse racing!)

My next interview was at Loma Linda University in Southern California (my old home for medical school.) This interview was very relaxed since I know most of the people here already. I really like this program as well. It is a very strong program and the residents here get good fellowships if they want to specialize. This program is also at the top of my list. I am not sure if I want to move back to California though. I am ready for something new.

After Loma Linda I went to Cleveland Ohio and interviewed at Case Western ( the nicer part of Cleveland Clinics). This is also a very well known Hospital and would be a great place to go. The only real drawback for me is the harsh winters. I am getting to be spoiled living in the southwest and I don't know if I want to put up with the Cleveland snow storms in the winter. Actually it isn't that big of deal either way. I am sure that I would be happy here. There are many hospitals associated with Case Western, but they are all on the same campus. Here is the entrance to the Children's Hospital. The whole campus is amazing!


I have one interview left. Near the end of this month I am going to University of Missouri to interview with their program. Here is an Internet Pict of that Hospital. I will let you know how it goes. These are all of the interviews that I am going on this year due to many uncontrollable factors (like WORK schedule, etc.) so hopefully everything works out!

Here is a Map showing the locations that I have interviewed(you can click on it to make it bigger). The red dot is Loma Linda California. The blue dot is Jackson, Mississippi. The green dot is Louisville, Kentucky. The brown dot is Cleveland, Ohio. The yellow is Columbia, Missouri, and the Grey is University of Arizona in Tucson (the program that I am currently affiliated with at my hospital in Phoenix.)
5 comments:
wow, you've been busy!
Hey Ryan,
You've not only traveled a lot for the holidays, but also for your interviews! Wow! The hospital sites all look nice. We will pray that God opens the door to the one just for you.
~Ken and Crystal
Hey ryan... I found you. was good chatting today. thanks for the call... anyways.. youre pad looks nice and so does your hospital. it would be great to see you some time soon. well.. i'm off to bed. probably you're already dozing yourself. take care. me, sarah.
It's nice to get an update from you. I can't imagine how busy you must be right now. I'll also pray that you get placed in the right spot for the next four years!
Hey Ryan!!!! I finally found the piece of paper your mom gave me with your blog info. It has been real interesting reading about what you have been doing. Also sounds like you are having some fun and not just working. God bless you and trust that he will have the perfect place for you. I am so proud of you!! Take care. Loxi
Post a Comment